When the going gets tough, the tough get snacking!!
My little guy loves frozen carrots!!!!
Well healthy snacking that is. That’s what I did today. After spending over 3 hours on the road going to and from Lakeland, I was a hungry lil girl. So I made Hungry girl white pizza with extra tomatoes and a lil chix !! (I know I know I forgot to take picture, I was soo hungry)Yum!!! You can get the recipe here. I added chicken so it would be more of a meal plus a little protein never hurt anybody.
On the side was my oatmeal “wanna be” cookie and a dollop of vanilla chobani. I took this recipe from Tina over at Carrots N Cake. Its amazing! I’m weird and changed a few things to accommodate what I had laying around.
3- Minute Oatmeal Cookie (adapted from Carrots N Cake- original recipe)
Combine the follow ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl:
- 1 pkg of Mable brown sugar Reduced Sugar instant oatmeal (I used apple and cinnamon)
- 3 tbs water
- 2 tsp brown sugar splenda blend
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat flour)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Cinnamon to taste
Microwave for about 45 seconds to a minute and let cool. Pop out and enjoy!!
With that said, I got my Christmas present from Jay yesterday!!!! I love it.
I needed a waterproof watch that allowed me to have a stop watch as well as an alarm. He hated my other one that my parents bought me and thus my new “girly” sport watch arose. With that being said, I’m about to curl up with my little devil and rest before its time to workout.
- 10 Best After-School Snacks (everydayhealth.com)
- Ideas for Healthier Superbowl Snacks (brighthub.com)
- Healthy, Energy-Boosting Snacks for the Workday (ybpguide.com)